How to Install NanoFil Syringe on the UMP3
NanoFil™ is a unique low volume syringe developed for improved microinjection in mice and other small animals. Using a UMP3 UltraMicroPump combined with the syringe allows you to make repeatable injections in the nanoliter range. Here we'll show you how to install a NanoFil Syringe on the UMP3 UltraMicroPump.
NanoFil syringes are 10 µL and 100 µL syringes which can be installed on a UMP3 UltraMicroPump to give you repeatable injections in the nanoliter range. We will use the collar of the NanoFil syringe and the plunger as the two points to anchor the syringe to the pump.
- The syringe clamps are located at the end of the UMP3 pump head. Depress the clamp release button to open the syringe clamps.
- Position the cap of the plunger into the plunger cap holder at the rear end of the UltraMicroPump.
- Then slide the syringe collar into the into position next to the collar stop.
- Slide the syringe body into the syringe clamp so that the syringe collar fits snugly against the collar stop.
- Release the clamp button.
- Always check the collar stop to verify that the syringe is held firmly.
- Tighten down the plunger retaining screw finger tight
Then the pump's ready to go. If you have any questions, give us a call at (866) 606-1974 (Toll free in the USA) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.