How to Choose Tubing for Your Peristaltic Pump
A peristaltic pump is a popular appliance in any laboratory. Here you will find some tips for choosing the correct tubing to use for your application with your Peri-Star Pro peristaltic pump.
Size (ID) of Tubing
In a peristaltic pump, the flow rate is determined by both the size of the tubing and the rotor speed. WPI provides two sizes of silicone tubing:
- 1/16-inch ID tubing for low flow rate at 0.2-18mL/min.
- 1/4-inch ID tubing for high flow rate at 3.5-280mL/min.
Types of Tubing
- Silicone tubing has a long service life and good chemical compatibility for aqueous and many organic solvents.
- Fluoroelastomer tubing should be used when pumping halogenated solvents.
- Vinyl tubing is used only with chemically compatible solvents.
If you have any questions about tubing for your Peri-Star Pro, just give us a call.