How to Safely Use a Peristaltic Pump
When using the Peri-Star Pro, solutions pumped should never come into contact with the pump. Here we will give you some guidelines for operating your peristaltic pump in a way that is safe for both the laboratory personnel and for the machinery.
Some solvents can permanently damage a peristaltic pump. The following rules are recommended to avoid leakage when running your Peri-Star Pro peristaltic pump.
- Follow safety rules when handling aggressive solvents.
- Pull a fresh section of tubing into the tubing fixtures regularly. If the pump gets heavy use, do this weekly.
- A fresh section of tubing should be pulled through the pump rollers before the pump is left to run unattended.
- Change the tubing immediately, if it is visibly worn.
- Be sure the tubing used is compatible with the solution being pumped.
- Always turn off the power and unplug the power cord when changing the tubing.
If you have any questions about your Peri-Star Pro, just give us a call.