Set the Configuration Parameters for the Peri-Star Pro
The Peri-Star Pro is a popular peristaltic pump. Here we will show how to set the system parameters for your application.
Using the Control Knob to Navigate the Menu
Press the Control Knob to enter the setup mode in the main menu, then rotate the Control Knob to toggle between the four functions. Press the Control Knob again when you get to System Setting. Turning the Control Knob toggles between the submenu items.
Define System Parameters
- Tubing ID is the first submenu. To change tubing inside diameter, click the Control Knob. After clicking, a list of tubing IDs appears. Turn to the desired tubing ID and click the Control Knob to select it.
- Test Time sets the flow time when performing a calibration. To change the time, click the Control Knob on this submenu item, then turn the Control Knob to the desired test time. Click the Control Knob to select it.
- Remote enables or disables the external remote-control module. When this menu option is enabled, you may use an external remote-control module (WPI #503120) to control the Peri-Star PRO. After clicking the Control Knob in the Remote submenu, turn the Control Knob to ON or OFF and click the Control Knob to select it.
NOTE: If the external remote-control module is installed, AND the remote function in the menu is enabled (ON), then the front keypad is disabled, and all control is transferred to the external remote-control module, including the analog speed control. In this condition, no keypad or menu function is enabled. To regain control of the keypad and Control Knob, turn off the power switch, remove the external control module and power the pump back on.
- Pump ID# sets the pump’s remote control identification number. To change the Pump ID#, click the Control Knob to access this submenu. After clicking, turn to the desired identification number and click the Control Knob to select it.
- Footswitch sets the working mode of the footswitch. In Gated mode, the pump runs while the footswitch is pressed, and releasing the footswitch stops the pump. In Trigger mode, the pump starts running when the footswitch is pressed, and it stops only when the “Run/Stop” key is pressed. After clicking the Control Knob in the Footswitch submenu, turn the Control Knob to Gated or Trigger and click the Control Knob to select it.
- Back returns to the System Setting menu.
Set the Control Mode
To set the unit of measurement for the pump, toggle to the Control Mode menu item. After clicking the Control Knob, turning the Control Knob switches between the RPM (which is Rate Per Minute) or Flow. Click the selected unit and return to the menu.
Exit to Main Menu
Toggle to the Exit option and click the Control Knob to return to the main display.
If you have any questions, just give us a call.