New Products See more
Popular Lab Supplies
- In epithelial cell research, there are different types of cells which are typically cultured. We will focus on epithelial cells. Epithelial tissue lines the surface and cavities of an organ. Epithelium includes your skin tissue, but it also lines the alimentary canal, organs and blood vessels. Epithelial cell cultures may be used for drug discovery or other applications that explore the transport or diffusion of a substance through an epithelial monolayer. Such a tissue research study requires a confluent monolayer that completely covers the culture substrate it is grown on.
- Keeping anesthestized animals warm during research procedures is critical. WPI's ATC2000 Animal Temperature Controller is simple to operate, because its adaptive mode takes the guesswork out of temperature control so you can focus on the details of your own experiment.
- WPI offers a range of isolators and stimulators. Use the stimulus isolator comparison chart below to find the components that are compatible. For a better understanding for stimulus isolation, see Isolated Stimulation Explained.
- We offer a variety of microsyringe pumps used for microinjection, microfluidics and other life science research applications.
- Find a puller for making your own custom microelectrodes for your electrophysiology laboratory and micropipettes for your microinjection applications.
- Our pneumatic PicoPumps can inject fluids in the picoliter range.
Latest Posts See more
May 02, 2019EndOhm Chambers Re-engineered EndOhm chambers are designed for making accurate TEER measurement of epithelial and endothelial cell cultures. The design keeps the top and bottom electrodes at a fixed gap and maintains the sample (cell culture insert) in a centered position inside. This design minimizes the variability associated with electrode positioning and gap, making EndOhm chambers more accurate and capable of generating reproducible results. WPI made some recent upgrades to the EndOhm chambers. The NEW EndOhm Chamber is made of GLASS, making it easier to clean and more crack resistant. The chamber can be cleaned with ethanol, isopropanol, bleach, etc.
April 30, 2019Here are some frequently asked questions (FAQ) about Metal Microelectrodes. What metal type is best for my application?W- Tungsten Tungsten is a versatile and widely-used microelectrode material that offers a good balance between performance and cost. ADVANTAGES DISADVANTAGES Extremely strong and stiff metal provides probes with exceptional rigidity. Great for acute and chronic recording due to biocompatibility and lower cost. High corrosion resistance offers consistent long-term performance. Does not provide the same degree of electrochemical performance or stability as platinum-iridium alloy, making it a poor alternative for microstimulation. Lower charge transfer capacity of tungsten will result in larger, potentially
March 13, 2019Prior to sterilizing surgical instruments, it is a good idea to make sure you have cleaned them to remove blood, tissue and all other organic material. If soiled materials dries or is baked onto the instruments, it will interfere with microbial inaction and can compromise the sterilization process. Cleaning is the removal of foreign material (e.g., soil and organic material) from objects and is normally accomplished using water with detergents or enzymatic products. The most common type of mechanical automatic cleaner is the ultrasonic cleaner. Ultrasonic cleaners are used in conjunction with detergents and enzymatic cleaners. Ultrasonic cleaning removes particulates by cavitation (bubbles) and implosion. Waves of acoustic energy are transmitted in aqueous solutions and disrupt the bonds that hold particulate m