Safely store your surgical instruments in WPI sterilization baskets for use in an autoclave with steam or dry heat, or use them for immersion in chemical sterilants.
- The perforated stainless steel baskets have rounded corners and flat walls with 2.0 mm holes. The lids and latches on these smooth baskets are hinged. The full wall perforation on the perforated stainless steel baskets protects sharp instrument edges and tips from damage, and also reduces user injuries.
- A variety of specialized sterilization baskets are also available for endoscopic and arthroscopic instruments.
- WPI sterilization trays are sold without lids.
- Some baskets may also be customizable. Ask for details.
Why Use Stainless Steel for Sterlization Baskets?
WPI offers a variety of sterilization cassettes made of 304 austenitic stainless steel, sometimes called 18-8 stainless. It is non-magnetic and cannot be hardened by heat treatment. This type of steel is high in chromium and nickel and low in carbon content, which makes the alloy malleable and easy to work with. 304 stainless steel is easily cut, formed, machined and welded. This makes it the choice material for the healthcare and pharma industries. 304 Stainless steel is commonly used for medical device trays, sinks, drinking fountains and many other applications.
The unique design allows for better steam circulation and faster drying. If sterilization is imperative, use sterilization wraps, heat-sealed plastic and paper pouches (woven and non-woven) before placing trays in an autoclave. The packaging material must allow sterilant penetration, provide protection against contact contamination during handling, provide an effective barrier to microbial penetration, and keep the processed item sterile after sterilization.
Stainles Steel Baskets for Many Industries
Stainless steel sterilization baskets and trays from WPI can be used in a variety of industries, including:
- Food, bevarge and dairy industries
- Pharmaceutical and laboratory applications
- Aerospace manufacturing
- Custom manufacturing
Features of WPI Sterilization Baskets
- Made of 304 electropolished stainless steel
- Long shelf life
- Stackable for easy storage and saving space
- Corrosion, rust, temperature, and chemical resistance
- Compatible with all sterilization procedures
Benefits of WPI Sterlization Baskets
- Grid design allows water or steam to penetrate easily, ensuring a thorough cleaning and sterilization
- Perforations optimize sterilizing steam exposure
- Burr-free construction prevent wraps from being torn by sharp edges
- Stainless steel baskets do not absorb contaminants like plastic baskets do, making them an excellent choice for sterilization procedures.
- Stainless steel tolerates extremely high temperature without damage, which is necessary when autoclaving.
- Stainless steel is very durable and much stronger than other materials, and chemicals will not wear down the material.
- Stainless steel is the sustainable choice, because it is easy to reuse and recycle.
WPI offers a comprehensive range of surgical instrument baskets and trays. Our instrument trays and baskets provide a high degree of protection for costly surgical instruments during storage, transportation and sterilization. Trays are available in a variety of sizes and designs that accommodate a wide range of surgical instruments.
We are backed by ISO 9001-2008, ISO 13485, 2003 Certification, CE & FDA. Our baskets are made from high quality stainless steel, providing both strength and durability at an affordable price. For tips on cleaning, disinfecting and sterilizing your surgical instruments, see our video series on Caring for your Surgical Instrument Investment.