Every spectroscopy experiment will require spectroscopy equipment of some kind. A basic spectroscopy setup will include some type of cuvette, flow cell or dipping probe to hold a liquid sample, a light source and a detection system. WPI offers a variety of spectroscopy equipment, including cuvettes, flow cells, detectors, light sources and optical fibers for a well-equipped spectroscopy laboratory. Our precision spectroscopy products are simple to use so that you only need to worry about your research application.
- The new SI-BF-100 is an LED-based fluorometer for life science applications. It is ideally suited for ratiometric calcium detection (e.g. Fura-8) and ATPase detection (via NADH fluorescence). With up to three high-power LED modules (wavelengths), the SI-BF-100 covers many fluorometric applications in muscle physiology, neuroscience and cell biology.
- WPI's glass and synthetic quartz cuvettes are ideal for UV/VIS/NIR absorbance and fluorescence experiments. For spectroscopy cuvettes, synthetic quartz can be used in deep UV applications and is recommended for fluorescent applications, as it does not exhibit background fluorescence. Our quartz cuvettes (absorbance, fluorescence and flow) are shipped individually packaged. Our glass cuvettes are shipped in packages of 10 cuvettes. These economical quartz and glass cuvettes are ideal for precision measurements, because of the high quality materials used and the low manufacturing tolerances. Cuvettes come in a variety of shapes and sizes, but one of the most important specifications of a cuvette is its Z-dimension. The Z-dimension of an instrument (cuvette holder or spectrometer) is the distance from the bottom of the cuvette chamber floor to the center of its light beam (see image). A cuvette’s Z-dimension must match the Z-dimension of the instrument with which it will be used. Compare manufacturers' Z-dimensions and learn how to measure a Z-dimension.
- These dipping probes are perfect for UV/VIS/NIR spectroscopy applications.
- Optical detection systems are used in spectroscopy, and the system you choose is determined by your application. Flowcell systems allow a fluid sample to travel through a pathway past the detectors. A dipping probe is placed inside a liquid sample to test it. Our detection systems include optical fibers, spare parts and cleaning kits. Flow cell systems are available for both ultraviolet and visible light spectra.
- Our standard light sources for spectroscopy are the ones most commonly used with our spectroscopic detection systems like the LEDspec and the Biofluorometer. We have halogen light sources for broad spectrum applications, a tungsten fiber optic light source for applications requiring continuous VIS (visible) and NIR (near infra red) applications. We also offer the LED Lite with exchangeable modules for single wavelength applications. LEDs and high output LEDs offer an affordable solution for spectroscopy light sources. LED bulbs can last for 10,000 hours, they require no warmup time, and you can order only the wavelengths of interest. There is very little drift with and LED light source, because they produce almost no heat.
- Our high performance spectrophotometers use photo diode array (PDA) technology and are available for the UV (190-390 nm), UV/VIS (190-720 nm) and VIS/NIR (300-1100 nm) spectral range. The Tidas S 300 series uses internal light sources, allowing for a compact experimental setup. The Tidas E Base series uses an external light source which customers may select. WPI’s Tidas series is a high end fiber-optic spectrometer module designed for low noise applications. The Tidas series outperforms conventional bench-based spectrophotometers and CCD-based spectrometer modules, when it comes to high precision fiber optic sampling. It relies on a monolithic optical bench made by Zeiss, which is optimized for fiber optic applications. Most cuvette-based standard spectrometers lose more than 90% of light through expensive prism decoupling. The Tidas series is designed for fiber optic sampling cells. Using suitable light sources and sample cells, spectral detection in the wavelength range of 190 to 1100 nm can be performed at noise levels < 0.04 mAU peak to peak.
- WPI can build custom fiber optic assemblies for many UV (ultraviolet), VIS (visible light spectrum) and NIR (near infra red) applications. If you don't find what you are looking for here, give us a call and speak with one of our specialists. Fill out the fiber material required. 1x1 Standard Optical Fiber And Custom Assembly Request Form
- Here are some cuvette holders for spectroscopic applications.
- These accessories are commonly used in spectroscopy.