Optical Force Transducer Amplifier Module
Choose the amplifier modules you need to measure nearly anything!
- Designed for use with SI-H Muscle Tester Platforms
- Rapid Auto Zeroing function with fine offset adjustment
- Offset indicator LED’s
- Multiple gain ranges with adjustable fine tuning for precise calibration
- 1X, 2X, 5X, 10X gains. Optional factory setting allows for 10X, 20X, 50X and 100X gains
- For use with the SI-BMFA
- Single amplifier that spans the entire SI-KG optical force transducer line
- Manual calibration to the ±10V measurement range, for covering maximum forces ranging from 50 mN to 2N.
- Muscle physiology studies, including Isotonic studies
The SI-BAM21-LCB KG Optical Force Transducer Amplifier is used in conjunction with the muscle physiology systems. The SI-BAM21-LCB powers the force transducer and converts the output of the transducer to an amplified analog voltage that is proportional to the force applied to the force transducer. The output signal can be multiplied by a factor of 1, 2, 5 or 10 to provide better resolution for a minimal change in applied force.
NOTE: An optional factory setting increases the multiplier by a factor of 10, allowing the signal to be multiplied by 10, 20, 50 and 100.
The SI-BAM21-LCB amplifier works with KG optical force transducers to:
- Generate an analog output (-10VDC to +10VDC) that is proportional to the force applied to the tissue sample.
- Supply a DC voltage that powers the SI-KG force transducer to which it is connected.
Also available in a single standalone enclosure, either version provides an incredibly quiet, linear and stable transducer signal to your data recording system.
How the SI-BAM21-LCB Amplifier Works
In a typical setup, a muscle is held by a force transducer. The force transducer is connected to the SI-BAM21-LCB. As the muscle contracts or releases, the transducer converts the force into an electrical current signal which is proportional to the force applied to the transducer. The SI-BAM21-LCB converts the current signal into a voltage signal that can be displayed on the screen of the recording device.
Before initiating an experiment, the SI-BAM21-LCB must first be zeroed. This sets the baseline for measurements to follow.
The output signal is buffered and multiplied by 1, 2, 5 or 10, depending on the Gain switch setting on the front panel of the amplifier module. The X10 setting is useful when output signals are extremely small. Finally, the force proportional signal is sent through the output amplifier circuit.
The analog output has a range of –10V to +10V that drives the LAB-TRAX-MDAC data acquisition system, multimeter or oscilloscope.
NOTE: When the Signal Conditioning Amplifier System is configured at the factory for an SI-HTB or SI-MKB Muscle Tester system, the signal is routed internally from the SI-BAM21-LCB module to the SI-AOSUB module.
|Input Configuration||Current to voltage converter|
|Gain||1X, 2X, 5X, 10X - Switch selectable*
Optional factory setting: 10x, 20x, 50x, 100x
|Output Impedance||470 Ω|
|Power Requirements||12 V DC at 3A (wall adaptor included)|
|Output Range||±10 V DC|
|Input Offset Adjustment||± 2.0 VDC|
*An optional factory setting increases the multiplier by a factor of 10, allowing to signal to be multiplied by 10, 20, 50 and 100.
Dalziel, J., Anderson, R., Bassett, S., Lloyd-West, C., Haggarty, N., & Roy, N. (2016). Influence of Bovine Whey Protein Concentrate and Hydrolysate Preparation Methods on Motility in the Isolated Rat Distal Colon. Nutrients, 8(12), 809. http://doi.org/10.3390/nu8120809
- BNC-TO-BNC CABLE, 6 '2851$36.00
- LabTrax 4-Channel Data AcquisitionLAB-TRAX-4$2,182.00
- SI-H Force TransducersMultiple SKUs
- Anti-Oscillation UnitSI-AOSUB$2,413.00
- Signal Conditioning Amplifier System Power Frame EnclosureSI-BMFA$1,855.00
- Programmable Filter Module for SI SystemsMultiple SKUs