We offer a large variety of pumps for everything from microfluidics to general fluid handling applications. Our peristaltic pumps are easy to setup and clean, offer continuous flow with virtually "infinite" volume (depending only on capacity of your source), require no contact with metal or the pump and are good for large volume pumping. Our syringe pumps provide accurate volume control and are an excellent choice for lower volume applications. Our pneumatic PicoPumps are non-pulsatile and designed for delivery of very small volumes.
Are you looking for a specific type of pump? The pump comparison information is provided below.
- We offer a variety of microsyringe pumps used for microinjection, microfluidics and other life science research applications. Some of our syringe infusion pumps can make injections in the nanoliter and microliter range.
- A peristaltic pump has a series of rollers that rotate around the edge of the pump head. A flexible tubing is threaded around the rollers and pressed up tight next to them, pinching the tubing where it contacts a roller. As the rollers rotate around the head, the fluid in the tubing moves from the input to the output. The rate of head rotation and the size of the tubing determine the volume of fluid that can be pumped. The volume that can be pumped is limited only by the volume of the input source.
- With a micropipette/microelectrode puller and a beveler, you can make your own custom microelectrodes for your electrophysiology laboratory and micropipettes for your microinjection applications.
- We offer a large array of syringe pumps for all your fluid handling applications, which include syringe infusion pumps, infusion/withdraw pumps and programmable syringe pumps. Aladdin Pumps are programmable syringe pumps. Legato Pumps are the SPLG pumps with a large touch screen color display lets you see all of the pump’s operating parameters to ensure proper operation during the experiments. SP Syringe Pumps are micro-processor controlled for applications requiring high metering precision at low, pulse-free rates. All the SP series pumps are accurate to <1% error with a reproducibility rate of ±0.1%. See the SP Syringe Pump Comparison Chart.
- Our small vacuum pumps are affordable for any research laboratory.
Pump Type Comparison
For more information on peristaltic pumps, syringe pumps and pneumatic pumps, see Choosing the Correct Pump for your Fluid Handling.