Isolated, Low Noise Bioamplifer Chassis
Isolated, low noise bio-amplifer
- High pass and low pass filtering
- Optional active remote head stage
- AC/DC amplification
- Variable gain adjustment
- Input is optically isolated
- 50/60 Hz notch filter
- Pre-optical isolation DC offset
- Post-optical isolation zeroing
- Independent module power switch
When configuring your ISDB system:
See what you need to know before you buy an amplifier.
- Chassis accepts combination of bioamplifiers and transducer amplifiers
- Flexible channel count (1–8) allows expandability
- Notch filter targets AC line noise sources
- Variable gain output amplitude
- Wide ±10V output range
- Amplifying biopotentials using metal microelectrodes
- Brain slice field potentials
- EAG (Electroantennogram)
- ERG (Electroretinogram)
The ISO-DAM8A is a compact modular standard rack-mountable DC amplifier system. Each channel is electrically isolated from the others and from ground. No current can flow from the input terminals and electrodes. The instrument is intrinsically safe and cannot cause any electrical stimulus or shock to the preparation. In addition, ground loop noise is minimized.
Filters Included with the Amplifier
Systems can be purchased with one, two, three or up to eight preamplifier modules or mixed with Bridge8 transducer amplifier modules. You can then select:
- An appropriate low pass filter setting, gain and offset on the channel amplifier panel.
- Notch filter added to reduce line frequency interference.
- Optional headstage preamplifier (10x gain) allows low noise extracellular (DC) recording with Iso-DAM8A and adds greater signal bandwidth than a shielded cable of the same length.
The Iso-DAM8A amplifier and headstage configuration is optimally suited for use with our metal microelectrodes and can be easily configured for many applications. Each amplifier channel has a coaxial (BNC) connector located on the rear panel.
Configuring Your ISDB System
The ISDB chassis (74030) holds up to eight modules and includes a power supply. You may include any combination of BRIDGE8 Transducer Amplifier modules or ISO-DAM8A single channel modules (74020). If you choose fewer than eight modules, you need to order the ISDB blank panels (74050) to fill the empty slots in the chassis. ISO-DAM8A bioampliers include an 8-pin DIN connector with shielded, unterminated 5' cable. Please specify line voltage when ordering.
When configuring your ISDB system:
- Order a chassis and power supply enclosure (74030)
- Select up to 8 modules (ISO-DAM8A or BRIDGE8)
- Order blank panels (74050) to fill empty slots
- 74020 is a DC amplifier
Complete eight channel amplifier system with 74030 chassis showing eight 74020 (ISODAM8A) modules installed
*Also available for BRIDGE8 transducer amplifier modules and blank panels (74050).
*The modules are sold separately.
|Input Impedance to Gnd, each input||> 1012 Ω DC, 5 picofarads (typical)|
|Input leakage current||10 pA (typical)|
|Input DC offset||±100 mV|
|Gain||x10, x100, x1,000, x10,000|
|Common Mode Rejection||>100 dB @ 50/60 Hz|
|Equivalent noise signal input||<0.36 µB rms (1.8 µV p-p) 0.1-10 Hz, Gain >10
<1 µV rms (5 µV p-p) 0.1-10 kHz
|Bandwidth Filter Settings|
|High Filter (Low Pass)||0.1, 0.5, 1, 3, 10 kHz|
|Low Filter (High Pass)||0.1, 1, 10, 300 Hz|
|Notch Filter Settings||50 Hz, 60 Hz|
|Output voltage swing||±7.5 V|
|Maximum Output Resistance||220 Ω|
|Power Source||Power Adapter 110-120V/60Hz or 220-240/50Hz|
|Enclosure Dimensions||7 x 17 x 9.2˝ (18 x 43 x 23 cm)|
|Shipping Weight||10–21 lb. (4.5–9.5 kg)|