LabTrax 4-Channel Data Acquisition
The Lab-Trax-4 (standard) device offers 16-bit resolution over the ±10V input range and exhibit less than a millivolt of noise. Data communication as well as power is managed over the USB port, making it easy to use a laptop or a low-profile desktop computer that may not be equipped with expansion slots or serial ports. Data is delivered to the recorder by way of very standard front-panel-mounted BNC connectors. The available Lab-Trax hardware together with WPI’s range of signal conditioners and the LabScribe software make it the perfect choice for research systems addressing cardiovascular studies, blood pressure, cardiac electrophysiology, hemodynamic studies of the pulmonary and coronary systems, and studies of isolated tissues in organ or tissue baths. Equipment from WPI can also be used to tailor systems for epithelial studies, and many applications in neurophysiology.
For more information on features available in the LabScribe software for Lab-Trax, see the article.
Software for LabScribe (formerly LabTrax)
Windows OS: Win10
Mac OS: OSX 10.13 and above
Minimum specs: Dual Core processor, 4GB or greater memory.
Recommended specs: Quad Core 64 bit Processor, 8GB or greater memory.
Computer hardware for Eye Tracking:
Recommended specs: Intel i7 or better CPU, 16GB Ram, a 256 GB Solid state drive, Graphics card
Tablets running the full Windows 8 or full Windows 10 version such as Surface Pro, Dell Venue Pro, Asus Transformer Book, VivoTad, Toshiba Encore, etc ( windows RT is not supported)
Features in LabScribe v4 Software
The latest release, LabScribe includes a number of additional user-friendly acquisition features, user interface enhancements, powerful analysis capabilities and automated post-processing routines.
• Macro: Labscribe 4 adds the ability to automate tasks in LabScribe using Macros.
• Experiment Builder : Macros, can be used as an experiment builder for psychological studies.
- Display Images, Videos and other media
- Display Text and Colors
- Use Spreadsheets
- Control the Stimulator and Digital outputs
• Use Macros to Record the data in a multiple files, this reduces the file size making it easier to analyze the data.
• Import and apply settings from one file to another. This allows the user to apply the same settings to a set of data files that were recorded.
• Simplified Events and AutoFind dialog
• Hide/Show Image marks
• Metabolic Module:
- New Online display simplifies calibration.
- Control Woodway, or Trackmaster treadmills
- Control Lode Ergometer
- Control ANT+ FEC trainer bikes, such as the Watt Bike.
- Online graphs for metabolic calculations, such as VO2, VCO2...
- Other analysis module enhancements
• Video Capture
• Spike Sorting Analysis Module
• Lymphatic Contraction analysis
• RR Interval Export added to Advanced->ECG menu for HRV calculations using Kubios
• Eye Tracking: Heatmap display added
• Support for IX-GSR, iWire-AM, USB pulseoximeter, neonatal mouse ECG system.
• Cross-time-channel function, added Time to max, min, so that we can calculate the transit time, for measuring pulse wave velocity.
Download: v4.345 (Complete Installer ~700M)
Windows 10 (32 or 64) Installer
Sample Files– ZIP file including hardware and software manuals, NO Demo recording, concentration spreadsheet examples. (Templates_LS3.zip)
Note : The drivers installation is generally for IT departments only or for research applications. All LabScribe software installers include self-extracting drivers for operating systems including Vista-Win10 and OS10.13 and above.
|Number of Inputs||4|
|ADC Resolution||16 bit|
|Maximum Sampling Rate||10,000 samples / sec aggregate|
|Input Connectors||BNC, 50 ohm|
|Input Impedance||1M Ohm|
|Input Range||±10 V|
|System Noise||< 1mV (1 part in 20,000)|
|Digital Input/Output||4 inputs 4 outputs|
|Power Source||Powered via USB|
|Operating Current||100 mA|
|PC Interface||USB 2.0|
|Maximum Input Voltage||±10 volts (100 with x10 probe)|
Recommended Computer Requirements:
- Windows OS: Win10
- Mac OS: OSX 10.13 and above
Computer hardware for LabScribe:
- Minimum specs: Dual Core processor, 4GB or greater memory.
- Recommended specs: Quad Core 64 bit Processor, 8GB or greater memory.
Computer hardware for Eye Tracking :
- Recommended specs: Intel i7 or better CPU, 16GB Ram, a 256 GB Solid state drive, Graphics card
- Tablets running the full Windows 8 or full Windows 10 version such as Surface Pro, Dell Venue Pro, Asus Transformer Book, VivoTad, Toshiba Encore, etc ( windows RT is not supported)