Basic Anesthesia System
Complete small animal system and all the accessories
- Safe for surgical personnel, 90% below OSHA Isoflurane limit
- Time efficient and cost-effective
- Virtually stress free for the animals
- Speedy recovery time
- Inhalation anesthesia (quick induction, speedy recovery and minimal animal handling)
- Effective for neonates up to 1 kg animals
- Compact and portable
- Easy to setup and use, simplifying the training of new staff and reducing the threat of human error
- Turnkey (Alll-in-one) system or plug and play system
- Small animal surgery
EZ Anesthesia is the system of choice for anesthetizing small animals, and it comes with a variety of choices. Animals to be anesthetized are placed in the acrylic induction chamber, and the system delivers a precisely blended mixture of oxygen and isoflurane. An activated charcoal air filter canister at the top of the chamber releases safe, filtered air back into the room. A water-heated cage warmer or warming plate (ATC2000) is used to retain the animal body temperature while in the induction chamber. After the initial anesthetizing, the animal may be moved to the heated surgical water bed and positioned properly in the snugly fitted nose cone. A highly sensitive valve regulated by the animal’s breathing works with the nose cone to ensure non-rebreathing efficiency. It allows safe anesthesia for up to several hours.
The breathing device also includes an air filter that releases safe, filtered air back into the room.
Oxygen and liquid isoflurane are not supplied. These are required to operate the system. Each system comes with all necessary components and connections for immediate use, including:
- Oxygen Regulator
- Vaporizer Unit
- One Induction Chamber (standard EZ-178)
- One Breathing Device (standard EZ-103)
- Case of Charcoal Filters
- Connecting tubing
Other available options include:
- Heated water beds
- Additional Breathing Devices
- Chambers in a variety of sizes
- Key fill isoflurane vaporizer is available separately or may be substituted in a complete system (Call for details)
EZ-B800 Basic Anesthesia System
The Basic System is designed for use with a single animal. It utilizes one output directly from the vaporizer into a Y-splitter which creates a dual feed that can be directed to the induction chamber or the breather circuit.
This unit incorporates an oxygen flush system that purges the induction chamber with pure oxygen, thereby eliminating personnel exposure to anesthesia gas when opening the chamber.
Laboratory safety with anesthesia systems
The safety of laboratory personnel is of primary importance. So, WPI's anesthesia system offers a choice of three breathing devices, all with a patented valve that mitigates the gas flow to the snugly-fitted nosecone. A highly sensitive valve regulated by the animal’s breathing works with the nosecone to ensure non-rebreathing efficiency and allow safe anesthesia for up to 12 hours.
• Accommodates animals ranging in size from neonate mice to rabbits
• Designed for treatment of one animal at a time
• Y-splitter valve directs anesthetic output to either the induction chamber or
the breathing circuit
• Oxygen flush purges induction chamber before removing animal
• Carry handle facilitates safe, easy transport of the unit