Low Flow Dampening Kit for a Pump
|2||13163||MALE LUER FITTING 5/32|
|2||13161||MALE LUER FITTING FOR 3/32|
|2||13157||LUER FITTING, FEM 3/32|
|1||Stopper 2 hole stopper Fisher #14140C (M29 2 hole)|
|1||#14 TUBING SILICONE 1.6 mm X 1.6W|
|1||BOTTLE 20 mL POLYETH/PLASTC CAP|
- Fit the male luer large barb (13163) into the top of the stopper.
- Place the luer male (13161) into the bottom of the stopper.
- Attach 3.7 cm of tubing to the barb.
- Then, use the two barbed female fittings (13157), and place them on the male luer fittings on the top of the stopper for easy connections to the pump tubing.
- To use this dampening kit, just allow the vial to fill ½ way with the fluid.
A calibrated BLPR2 on the LabTrax24Twas used to record the results. This is a plot of both pumps on the #14 tubing at 50 RPM into a 22 gauge needle. The flow is estimated to be 9 ml/min at 50RPM. Here is the PeriStar Pro under dampening. The first image shows 38.38 mmHg before dampening. The second one shows 0.280 mmHg after dampening.