Dual Rat Stereotaxic Instrument
- The Dual Arm WPI Rat Stereotaxic Instruments can decrease surgery times and help reduce potential time-consuming errors.
- A second manipulator arm is convenient, if not mandatory, in applications such as dual injections, bilateral cannulations, simultaneous stimulation and recording, etc.
- NEW FEATURE: The ONLY stereotaxic instrument on the market with an integrated warming base included on all units! Simply purchase the Temperature Control Box 1 (505375), or Temperature Control Box 2 (505376) and probe (505377) to use the warming function.
|505216||Rat Dual Stereotaxic Instrument|
|505272||Rat Dual Stereotaxic Instrument, Non-Rupture Ear Bars|
- Large, easy to read vernier scales Scales are laser engraved — accurate to 100 microns
- Triple lead screws for fast positioning 80 mm of vertical, lateral and anterior-posterior travel
- Absolute lock at 90 degrees (vertical) Brass bushings in manipulator arm permit electrical grounding
- Accessories available for use with a wide variety of small animals
Affordably priced...immediate delivery
The WPI Rat Stereotaxic Instruments is ideal for researchers in need of a versatile, reliable instrument for stereotaxic procedures with small animals. Precision alignment when using the WPI Rat Stereotaxic Instruments ensures accurate placement of electrodes, micropipettes, and other devices.
The time-proven ‘U’-Frame design concept, sturdy construction, and adaptability to most model species make this the best choice for a stereotaxic instrument.
WPI Rat Stereotaxic Instruments offers several advantages over competing instruments:
Easily Read Scales
All scales are oriented to be read easily from the open end of the ‘U’. This is the position from which most scientists prefer to work. The numerals on the scales are larger, and therefore more easily read. The scale lines are laser engraved, to allow finest possible permanent marking of scales on all 3 axes. Precise alignment with facing vernier scales gives accurate resolution to 0.1mm.
WPI Rat Stereotaxic Instruments exclusive, triple lead screws allow the fastest positioning possible, consistent with lining up the scales easily at a given coordinate.
Versatility of Positioning
The manipulator arm controls mediolateral and vertical positioning via lead screws, and anteroposterior movement via dovetail slide movement, with 80 mm of travel possible in each direction. A Universal Joint allows the investigator to change the angle of the probe up to 90° in either the antero-posterior or medio-lateral planes. The improved locking mechanism on the WPI Rat Stereotaxic Instruments will hold any angle position without slippage. And of course, it also provides an absolute lock at 90° vertical.
In addition, a swing joint allows the investigator to conveniently swing the manipulator arm and probe out of the way for performing a procedure — then reliably return the probe to the same point.
Convenient for Electrophysiology
Integral brass bushings in the manipulator arm allow grounding directly to the closest metal on the manipulator arm — even the probe holder.
Both the 505211 and 505216 include the warmer ready U-frame base plate, manipulator arm(s), standard probe holder(s) with corner clamp, and Rat Adaptor (nose clamp assembly and 18° taper ear bars). The 505269 and 505272 include non-puncture 45° ear bars instead of 18° ear bars.
Selection of Accessories
Species adaptors are available to fit rat, cat/monkey, dog/monkey, mouse, guinea pig and small bird. Probe holders and species adaptors for ‘U’ frame stereotaxic instruments from other manufacturers are generally compatible with the WPI Rat Stereotaxic Instruments frame.
- Temp Control Box 1 w/cable, Premium Stereotaxic505375$875.00
- Temp Control Box 2 w/cable, Premium Stereotaxic505376$1,645.00
- Rectal thermal Probe for Premium Stereotaxic505377$275.00
- Drill with Drill Bits for Premium Motor Stereotaxic505379$655.00
- Adjustable Platform for Rat Stereotaxic505384$435.00
Connecting your Premium Stereotaxic Warming Base to your Rodent Warmer control box
Premium Stereotaxic AP Dove Tail Drive Installation on Lab Standard Stereotaxic Instrument