These needle drivers are constructed of titanium, which offers several advantages for small animal surgical procedures:
- 100% anti-magnetic so it can be used for MRI applications
- Completely resistant to corrosion from nitric acid, chloride, saltwater, and industrial and organic chemicals
- Lightweight and strong with the tensile strength of carbon steel
- Titanium is more flexible and 40% lighter than Inox stainless steel
- When heated or cooled, the dimensions of titanium alloy change less than half of what stainless steel alloys will, making titanium surgical instruments much more durable even with autoclaving
- Titanium is stain-free and temperature resistant up to 430°C.