Dumont Dumostar Tweezers are made of patented Dumont steel. It is highly resistant to metal fatigue, has great elasticity and is durable. It is resistant to mineral and organic acids and salt, autoclavable, and it is more likely to break than to bend.
High quality Dumont tweezers are available in a variety of metals.
- Dumostar – Anti-magnetic, Dumostar is more elastic and more corrosion-resistant than the best stainless steel
- Dumoxel – Extremely flexible, Dumoxel is 95% antimagnetic and stain resistant
- Stainless Steel – Standard metal for most surgical instruments
- Dumont Dumoxel Tweezers are made of patented Dumont steel. They are resistant to staining, but slightly softer and less magnetic than stainless steel. Dumoxel has a higher resistance to corrosion due to its high content of molybdenum and chromium. It is very resistant to sulfuric acid, hydrochloric acid and other mineral and organic acids. It is autoclavable, and it is more likely to bend than to break.
- Dumont Stainless Steel is also known as Inox (from French acier inoxydable, a synonym for stainless steel). It is used for general purpose surgical instrument. Stainless steel surgical instruments are resistant to corrosion and autoclavable.
- Titanium tweezers by Dumont offer all the benefits of titanium: non-magnetic, low glare, lightweight and durable. See our selection here.