Black Ceramic Coated Scissors
The target's metal particles are converted to vapor, interact with Nitrogen ions, and are deposited on the instrument as a thin, high-density film a few microns thick. The coating's outstanding medical property is its biocompatibility, which is allowed by the absence of potentially allergenic Chromium and Nickel compounds in the surface layer. All of these medical, mechanical and chemical properties have been demonstrated in various studies and the long time use in high-demand surgical fields like neurology and cardiology.
- Anti-glare, light-absorbing black surface reduces eye irritation
- Longer product life
- Higher friction than stainless steel, with a wear rate of up to 60% less
- Higher corrosion resistance than stainless steel due to the Al2O3 formation
- Hydrophobic properties make washing and reprocessing easier
- Anti-allergenic because of the absence of chromium or nickel in the surface layer