Infection Control Products
WPI offers a broad category of infection control products to help you maintain a safe and compliant work area. Infection control products are designed to reduce the risk of disease contanimation from one person to another.
- In our personal protective equipment line we offer a robust reusable face masks with disposable filters.
- WPI also carries many sterilization cassettes, sterilization baskets and steriliazation trays which are perfect for sorting, sterilzing and storing surgical instruments and other small components.
- As far as sterilizing surgical instruments and other PPE, you can see everything from autoclaves and ultrasonic cleaners to ultraviolet (UV) sterilizers.
When the threats of contaminents are a concern, take a look at the infection control products offered here.
- Whether you are cleaning, disinfecting or sterilizing your surgical instruments, we have the products you need. Here you will find a variety of products to care for your surgical instruments and equipment. More Information on Surgical Instruments For information on cleaning, disinfecting and sterilizing your surgical instruments, take a look at these videos.
- Face masks are an essential element of personal protection equipment (PPE), and WPI offers both reusable face masks (with disposable filters) and disposable face masks, both for industrial settings and routine usage. Our reusable masks are high quality masks tested to rigorous standards (filtration efficiency above 98.2%), but they are not certified for use in a medical environment. For best results in non-medical environments, change your disposable mask at least twice a day. With WPI's reusable mask, you can use the mask for up to 10 days, depending on your environment, before you need to change the filter. In addition to the face masks, WPI carries some other personal protective equipment, like goggles. Disinfectants, sterilization equipment and personal sterilizers are also valuable to consider when discussing PPE. WPI has a range of disinfectant products and sterilization equipment.
- Cleaning, disinfecting and sterilizing (CDS) are the three levels of instrument care: Cleaning removes dirt, debris and biological material from surgical instruments. Detergents or an enzymatic cleaner are used for cleaning surgical instruments and biosensors. A thorough cleaning removes debris and proteins that could interfere with disinfection/sterilization and corrupt research results. For best results, use a detergent like Enzol® or Alconox®. High Level Disinfection (HLD) eliminates all vegetative bacteria, lipid viruses, some non-lipid viruses, mycobacteria, lipid enveloped and some non-lipid enveloped viruses, fungus spores, bacterial spores, though not in a high number. Cidex Plus® (3.4% glutaraldehyde) can be used as a high level disinfectant. The CDC recommends a 90 minute soak at 25°C. Sterilization destroys all microbial life. Delicate equipment that will not stand up to the heat of autoclaving may be chemically sterilized. Soaking surgical instruments in Cidex Plus® for 10 hours at 25°C will sterilize them. Generally, autoclaving is the method of choice for sterilizing surgical instruments.
- High level disinfection (HLD) removes most microbial life on surgical instuments, biosensors, etc. If instruments or equipment may be damaged by autoclaving, chemical disinfection may be used. Some chemicals that may be considered include: Ortho-phthalaldehyde (OPA) like Rapicide for 5–12 minutes Glutaraldehyde 2% for 20 minutes Hydrogen peroxide 6%–7.5% for 20–30 minutes Peracetic acid 0.2–0.35% for 5 minutes Rapicide OPA/28 is our disinfectant of choice. It is the fastest disinfection time in the U.S. market and twice the reuse period of other OPA brands. Protect yourself by limiting your exposure to disinfectant chemicals. The low percentage of OPA and low vapor pressure reduces the irritation to your eyes, nose and throat, as compared to Glutaraldehyde.
- Fine surgical instruments are too valuable not to protect. WPI’s sterilization trays and wire baskets are designed for handling, washing, sterilizing and storing surgical instruments and other small components. With top quality structural integrity, these instrument trays and baskets for sterilization are ideal for the handling and storage of all standard microdissection and surgical instruments. Safely stow your surgical instruments in WPI sterilization baskets for use in an autoclave with steam or dry heat, or use them for immersion in chemical sterilants. The perforated stainless steel baskets have full wall perforation to protect sharp instruments' edges and tips from damage. Rather than woven wire, the perforated stainless steel baskets have rounded corners and flat walls with 2.0 mm holes. These smooth baskets have hinged lids and latches. WPI sterilization trays are sold without lids. A variety of specialized sterilization baskets are also available for endoscopic equipment and arthroscopes. Some baskets may also be customizable. Ask for details. WPI's stainless steel sterilization baskets can be used in various industries, such as the beverage, food and dairy industries; pharmaceutical and laboratory applications; aerospace manufacturing and custom manufacturing applications. Benefits of stainless steel sterilization baskets Because stainless steel baskets do not absorb contaminants like plastic baskets do, they are an excellent choice for sterilization procedures. Stainless steel tolerates extremely high temperature without damage, which is necessary when autoclaving. Stainless steel is very durable and much stronger than other materials, and chemicals will not wear down the material. It's the sustainable choice, because stainless steel is easy to reuse and recycle.
- Wire Baskets With Lids
- Sterilization Trays
- Classic Crimped Wire Mesh Baskets, Tilted Handles
- Crimped Wire Mesh Baskets with Tilt Handles
- Endoscopy and Arthroscopy Baskets
- Fine Mesh Cassettes for Micro Instruments
- Instrument Cassettes with Spring Holding Lids
- Micro Ophthalmic Baskets with Lids
- Sterilization Cassetes
- Sterilization Trays Accessories