Stimulators for Electrophysiology Research
WPI stimulators for electrophysiology research are constant current stimulators. These are preferred over constant voltage stimulators, because:
- Current is the quantity that stimulates most excitable tissues.
- Stimulating electrodes (and some tissues) tend to increase their resistance as stimulation progresses.
A constant current stimulator "senses" the resistance change and provides whatever voltage is needed to maintain delivery of current at the set rate.
Stimulus isolators isolate a given stimulus from ground. WPI isolators in the 300 and DLS series offer a compliance voltage (maximum output voltage) of 100V with very low noise.
From single pulses to complex pulse trains
- Variable voltage output channel
- Includes one interval generator, five pulse or train channels, two mixer channels and variable voltage output stage
The accuracy of digital electronics and the convenience of analog controls
- Single channel pulse generator with train capability
- TTL and variable voltage output
For more information on WPI Stimulators, please call us at (866) 606-1974 (Toll-free US only) or email us at email@example.com.