Stimulators for Electrophysiology Research
WPI stimulators for electrophysiology research are constant current stimulators. These are preferred over constant voltage stimulators, because:
- Current is the quantity that stimulates most excitable tissues.
- Stimulating electrodes (and some tissues) tend to increase their resistance as stimulation progresses.
A constant current stimulator "senses" the resistance change and provides whatever voltage is needed to maintain delivery of current at the set rate.
Stimulus isolators isolate a given stimulus from ground. WPI isolators in the 300 and DLS series offer a compliance voltage (maximum output voltage) of 100V with very low noise.
- An integrated five-channel pulse generator/stimulator
- Includes one interval generator
- Five pulse or train channels
- Two mixer channels
- One very quiet variable voltage output stage
- The accuracy of digital electronics with the convenience of analog controls
For more information on WPI Stimulators, please call us at (866) 606-1974 (Toll-free US only) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.