Ion Selective Electrode - Hydrogen
Accurately measure hydrogen
- Fast, accurate, economical
- Superior, stable PVC membrane
- Fast response
- 2mm diameter tips
- Interchangeable tip holder
- Each kit includes 3 electrode tips and MicroFil filling syringe
- Use to measure various ions in biological media
- Detection of ions in vivo or in vitro for biological applications
These highly stable electrodes accurately measure calcium, potassium, hydrogen and TPP (Tetraphenylphosphonium) ion activity. Tips consist of 2 mm diameter plastic tubes sealed at one end with an ion-sensitive membrane. After filling with electrolyte solution, you can insert the tube into the holder and connect it to a pH meter. Tips and holders are interchangeable, so one tip may be replaced with another sensitive to a different ion. Replacing a tip takes less than a minute. Electrode tips normally last several months, when stored properly in saline solution. When replacement is necessary, only the tip needs be replaced.
Kwik-Tip electrodes are available separately and as kits. Each “KWIK” Electrode Holder kit includes a reusable holder and three removable tips. In addition to a 4-foot BNC cable and an electrolyte filling syringe; “TIP” Electrode Kits contain three electrode tips for a specific ion. A separate reference electrode, such as WPI’s Dri-Ref™, is also required.
If your pH meter requires a US Standard connector, you will also need Part 3508 (BNC-to-US pH Standard adapter).
||Selectivity Coeffiecients (-log)
||Calcium||Green||0.1M CaCl2||28mV||0.1 - 10-6.75M||Na+ 5.5, K+ 5.4, Mg++ 4.9|
||Hydrogen||Orange||1M Citric acid, 0.01M NaCl, pH 5.6||54mV||pH 5.0-12||Na+ 10.4, K+ 9.8, Ca++ 11.1|
||Potassium||Yellow||0.1M KCl||54mV||0.1 - 10-4.5M||Na+ 4.0, Ca++ 3.9, Mg++3.0|
||TPP+||Purple||10mM TPP+||54mV||0.001 - 10-4M||K+ 6.0|
G.G. Kramarenko, S.G. Hummel, S.M. Martin, G. R. Buettner "Ascorbate Reacts with Singlet Oxygen to Produce Hydrogen Peroxide" Photochemistry and Photobiology 86. 2006: 1634-1637
- Dri-Ref Reference Electrode, 4.7 mmDRIREF-5$130.00
- Dri-Ref Reference Electrode, 4.7 mm (short)DRIREF-5SH$130.00
- Dri-Ref Reference Electrode with Luer TipDRIREF-L$217.00
- Flexible Dri-Ref Reference ElectrodeFLEXREF$130.00
- Electrode Holder for KWIK-TipsKWIK-2$164.00
- Super Dri-Ref Reference ElectrodeSDR2$176.00
- Micro Dri-Ref Reference ElectrodeDRIREF-450$217.00
- Dri-Ref Reference Electrode, ShortDRIREF-2SH$130.00
- Calcium Electrode Tips, ReplacementTIPCA$389.00
- Dri-Ref Reference Electrode, 2 mmDRIREF-2$130.00
- Hydrogen Electrode Tip, ReplacementTIPH$243.00
- TPP Electrode Tips, ReplacementTIPTPP$179.00
- Potassium Electrode Tips, ReplacementTIPK$225.00
This product requires the use of a reference electrode, like the DriRef-2. For a complete list of the DriRef electrodes, refer to the Accessories tab.