New Products See more
Popular Lab Supplies
- In epithelial cell research, there are different types of cells which are typically cultured. We will focus on epithelial cells. Epithelial tissue lines the surface and cavities of an organ. Epithelium includes your skin tissue, but it also lines the alimentary canal, organs and blood vessels. Epithelial cell cultures may be used for drug discovery or other applications that explore the transport or diffusion of a substance through an epithelial monolayer. Such a tissue research study requires a confluent monolayer that completely covers the culture substrate it is grown on.
- Keeping anesthestized animals warm during research procedures is critical. WPI's ATC2000 Animal Temperature Controller is simple to operate, because its adaptive mode takes the guesswork out of temperature control so you can focus on the details of your own experiment.
- WPI offers a range of isolators and stimulators. Use the stimulus isolator comparison chart below to find the components that are compatible. For a better understanding for stimulus isolation, see Isolated Stimulation Explained.
- We offer a variety of microsyringe pumps used for microinjection, microfluidics and other life science research applications.
- Find a puller for making your own custom microelectrodes for your electrophysiology laboratory and micropipettes for your microinjection applications.
- Our pneumatic PicoPumps can inject fluids in the picoliter range.
Latest Posts See more
June 19, 2019The new WPI MICRO-ePORE™ Pinpoint Cell Penetrator is a simple and versatile system that can be used for efficient microinjection of a diverse array of compounds and biomolecules into oocytes and pre-implantation stage mammalian embryos. Patent pending Flutter Electrode Technology assists in small, clean, precise membrane penetration without tearing or damaging the membrane. Here Gabe sets up the system and connects all the components. Unpacking Your MICRO-ePORE™ System Connecting Your MICRO-ePORE™ System Connecting the MICRO-ePORE™ Electrode Holders
June 19, 2019For intracellular dual or differential studies, WPI's Duo773 has separate negative capacity controls and built-in active filtering that allows the precise balancing of time constants for artifact-free differential measurement. It comes complete with two probe headstages, 1015Ω and 1011Ω probes to monitor signals from ion-specific micro-electrodes as well as KCl-filled electrodes. Jim shows you how to safely unpack and properly setup your new Duo773. Unpacking Your MICRO-ePORE™ System More Info
May 02, 2019EndOhm Chambers Re-engineered EndOhm chambers are designed for making accurate TEER measurement of epithelial and endothelial cell cultures. The design keeps the top and bottom electrodes at a fixed gap and maintains the sample (cell culture insert) in a centered position inside. This design minimizes the variability associated with electrode positioning and gap, making EndOhm chambers more accurate and capable of generating reproducible results. WPI made some recent upgrades to the EndOhm chambers. The NEW EndOhm Chamber is made of GLASS, making it easier to clean and more crack resistant. The chamber can be cleaned with ethanol, isopropanol, bleach, etc.