Why Choose a Reusable Face Mask?
WPI offers the S9 self-priming respirator, a critical component of your personal protective equipment (PPE). The S9 is a reusable industrial face mask designed to KN95 standards. This means that it will block >95% of all particulate matter in the air larger than 2 µm in size. The face mask employs inexpensive replaceable filters. Looking at the initial cost, you may wonder if the resusable mask is worth the higher cost. This mask pays for itself very quickly when you consider how many disposable masks it replaces.
Reuseable Face Mask Lasts Longer
The long length of service of a WPI industrial reusable face mask (as opposed to disposable masks that use the same sort of filter material) is the result of its design. A plastic filter shield is securely attached to a silicone face mask. Together the face mask and filter shield can last up to two (2) years. The plastic filter shield houses the actual filter cartridge, which is disposable.
With a disposable mask, people are constantly readjusting the mask. Their hands are usually what transfers pathogens from the surfaces they touch to their faces, noses and mouths. That’s why the CDC advises that we constantly wash our hands and not touch our faces. Each time we adjust a disposable mask with our hands, we contaminate it. The outside of every disposable mask should be considered "dirty." It is likely contaminated.
In the case of WPI's reusable face mask, the filter is protected from our hands by a plastic housing which does not obstruct airflow. The mask is easily taken on and off without directly touching the filters. In a normal environment, the filters should be replaced every seven (7) to ten (10) days. In high risk environments, change the filters every three (3) to five (5) days. To clean the face mask, simply wipe it with hot water (75°C) or alcohol. Watch the video below to see how easy it is to replace the filters in the reusable face mask.
Save Money with Reusable Mask
Let's compare WPI's reusable face mask with typical disposable face masks. In a normal environment, you should change a disposable mask twice a day. WPI's face mask with a single filter may be used for up to 10 days. Extra filters are available at a nominal charge.
- In a normal environment, a reusable mask with a single filter is equivalent to up to 20 disposable masks.
- As a bonus, each WPI reusable face mask kit comes with five (5) filters. One WPI reusable industrial face mask kit is equivalent to about 70 - 100 reusable masks.
- For a nominal fee, you may purchase additional filters for your reusable face mask. Theoretically, in a year you could use 37 - 52 filters in the same reusable facemask, and that would be roughly equivalent to around 700 disposable masks.
In a high risk environment, you would obviously require more frequent filter changes for your reusable mask, and you would use many more disposable face masks, too. When you do the math, the reusable face mask makes economical sense. At the same time, you can rest assured you are using a comfortable, high quality mask with an excellent seal.
Benefits of Choosing the Reusable Industrial Face Mask
- Breathe comfortably with full protection
- Minimize cross contamination with plastic filter shield
- Fits snugly on the face with silicone construction
- Effective filter with four (4) layers, and the kit includes 5 filters with each mask
- One time fit (No need to continually adjust for comfort)
- Environmentally friendly, because it is reusable
- Personalize individual masks by attaching identification to it directly
WPI's reusable face mask is easy to put on and comfortable to wear. You can see for yourself in the video below
If you have questions about WPI's reusable face mask, just call Ashley at 1 (941) 260-6150.