How to Run a Glass Softening Test on the PUL-1000 Puller
The PUL-1000 is a microprocessor controlled, four-stage, horizontal puller for making glass micropipettes or microelectrodes. We will show you how to run a glass softening test.
You should run the Softening Test when:
- You change the filament
- Lot numbers or capillary types change
- You create or modify a program
- The ambient environment changes
- Press the STOP key to quit any running program. The following window displays.
- Mount a glass capillary on the carriage.
- Press the START key to run the Glass Capillary Softening Test. The heating power increases gradually. The heating stops when the glass begins to move.
- Record the heating power. This is the baseline heating value for the glass type tested. It is a good starting point for the first stage of your program.
If you have any questions, just give us a call.