Choosing a Cellix Pump for Microfluidics
The Cellix microfluidic line is complete and flexible, offering a broad range of biochips and accessories, along with three different microfluidic pumps and complete systems.
By operating under continuous blood flow conditions, the Cellix platform simulates the human environment providing researchers with powerful data far beyond that available via static conditions of the petri dish before advancing to costly animal trials. By using the Cellix solution, false leads can be eliminated earlier in the process, increasing the success rate of clinical trials and giving you the competitive edge.
This solution is unique and contains everything a researcher requires to execute continuous flow, cell based assays and make informed decisions. The only fully integrated, end-to-end Microfluidics system on the market, the Cellix solution includes the platform, biochips and cell analysis software.
You can study drug effects on cell activity for cardiovascular, oncology, infectious diseases, respiratory, immunology and bacteriology.
The Kima pump is a microfluidic pump designed to aid cell culture (e.g. endothelial cells) under physiological conditions (shear flow) in various biochips and flow chambers, including Cellix's Vena8 Endothelial+ biochips where it is possible to culture 8 cell monolayers simultaneously over 24–48 hours.
- Controlled by the iKimaTM application for use with the iPod Touch (included) and iPhone.
- Remote control, even when the Kima pump is incubated
- Connects easily to Cellix's Vena8 Endothelial+ biochip and other manufacturer's flow chambers
- Delivers pulses of fresh media to cells seeded inside the microchannels
The Mirus Evo is a patented, precision, microfluidic, 8-channel syringe pump for cell analysis under shear flow mimicking physiological flow in the human vasculature. Includes MultiFlow8, a manifold that enables the flow from the Mirus Evo to be split equally into 8 separate tubes to conduct 8 assays simultaneously in the Vena8 range of biochips, resulting in higher throughput with this 8-channel syringe pump.
For Microfluidics, precise multichannel mixing, electrophysiology, single cell analysis, analytical biochemistry, and RNA/DNA analysis, consider the flexible ExiGo pump.
- Easy to use with iPad mini and controller app
- Precise flow control with active feedback via integrated flow sensor
- Flow rate: 50 nL/min – 10 mL/min ± 0.5%
- Standard syringes: 50μL – 5mL
- Wash mode or programmable perfusion mode (constant, ramp, step, sine) with reversible flow direction
- Rapid flow change (ms range)
- Excellent long-term flow stability
- iPad mini can control/program up to 4 pump modules independently
- Wi-Fi communication
Cellix provide a range of biochips including the VenaT4, Vena8 Fluoro+, Vena8 Endothelial+, the Vena8(with customised Vena8 Series); Vena Delta Series; Vena 4Y and Vena4Y2 biochips which you can choose from depending on your needs. All biochips mimic human capillaries by working in tandem with the different instrumentation platforms available from Cellix.
The VenaT4™ biochip is the only biochip available for studying chemotaxis, transmigration and invasion assays and is Cellix's new microflow transwell chamber.
- Chemotaxis Assays: Cells flowing through the microcapillary of the biochip may attach to the protein coated membrane and migrate towards the chemokine in the underlying microwell.
- Transmigration Assays: Cells flowing through the microcapillary of the biochip may attach to the cell monolayer on the membrane and transmigrate through the cell monolayer and membrane towards the chemokine in the underlying microwell.
- Invasion Assays: Cells flowing through the microcapillary of the biochip may attach to the cell monolayer on the membrane and transmigrate through the cell monolayer and membrane into a 3D ECM in the underlying microwell.
The VenaT4TM biochip is suitable for use with the following:
- Cell types: Leukocytes, neutrophils, lymphocytes, macrophages, monocytes, endothelial cells, epithelial cells, fibroblasts and tumor cells
- Coatings: collagen, fibronectin, laminin etc.
The Vena8 Fluoro+™ biochip is ideal for studying cell receptor-ligand interaction and is compatible with confocal microscopy. As cells flow through the microcapillary of the Vena8 Fluoro+™ biochip, the cell surface receptors may interact with adhesion molecules or ligands which coat the microcapillary walls. Ideal for use with fluorescence immunostaining, confocal microscopy and for applications such as thrombosis.
Vena8 Endothelial +
The Vena8 Endothelial+™ biochip is ideal for studying cell-cell interaction. Endothelial cells are easily seeded (via standard pipette) and cultured inside the microcapillaries of the biochip. As cells flow through the microcapillary of the Vena8 Endothelial+™ biochip, the cell surface receptors may interact with the endothelial cell monolayer which coats the microcapillary walls. Ideal for use with phase contrast imaging and fluorescence imaging to study cell-cell interactions under conditions mimicking physiological flow.
The Vena4Y™/Vena4Y2 biochips are Cellix’s first biochips containing branching microchannels and are compatible with fluorescent microscopy. Using Cellix’s MirusTM Nanopumps, samples are perfused through the biochip:
Cells and drug compounds may be perfused via dual-injection at the Y-channel end facilitating multi-laminar flow of two streams.
Cells may be perfused at the single channel end for the analysis of platelet and/or platelet-leukocyte interaction at the Y-junction.
This biochip is ideal for studying chemotactic gradients via dual-injection and thrombosis at the site of such branching micro blood vessels as seen in vivo.
- Chemotactic gradients: Dual injection of cells and drug compounds at Y-channel for multi-laminar flow.
- Thrombosis at branching micro blood vessels as seen in vivo: Analysis of platelet and/or platelet-leukocyte interaction at Y-junction