Microinjection processes use either metal microinjection needles or glass micropipettes to inject small liquid volumes. For example, genetic material may be inserted into a living cell, a drug introduced into an eye or brain, or fluid injected into a muscle. Typically, microinjection is performed under a microscope. A stereotaxic frame setup may be required.
Recently, WPI introduced its customizable Microinjection System with everything you need to get started. We can help you customize your system with many options and microinjection system accessories. The basic system includes:
- Microinjection pump like the PV850 Microinjector with External Pressure Source
- LED lighted microscope base with a PZMIII Stereo Microscope and an articulating mirror
- Many accessories
WPI offers a variety of pumps along with special syringes, stereotaxic frames, glass capillaries and needles. The setup you choose depends on the size of your microinjection aliquots, the volume to be injected and the size of needle or glass tip you choose. In addition, we offer an electroporator for transfection procedures.
Whether you are working with Danio rerio (zebrafish), Xenopus, Drosophila or Caenorhabditis elegans, we can help you customize a microinjection system for your application.
- Micromanipulators are used when precision work is conducted under a microscope. A micropipette, electrode or probe can be mounted on a micromanipulator and move as little as a micron at a time. This tool can be used for in vitro fertilization, patch clamp experimentation, extracellular recording, microinjection and any application requiring fine mechanical placement (resolution). In addition to micromanipulators, WPI offers tilt bases, piezo translators and a variety of stands.Micromanipulators can be broken out into three broad categories: Manual Manual/Motorized Motorized
- We offer a large variety of accessories and glass for microinjection systems for life science research.
- These accessories are used with WPI's PicoPumps for pL volume injections.
- Our Microinjectors can inject fluids in the Pico-liter range.
If you are starting a new microinjection laboratory, be sure to apply for our new lab program. You can get discounts on the laboratory equipment you will require and have access to special promotions.
Zebra fish Microinjection – We offer a complete solution for zebrafish microinjection. You can see some of the options in the Microinjection Tool Box article.
For a listing of other popular microinjection articles, see our Blog.