Ethyl Cyanoacrylate, high viscosity
- Mount rat/mouse brain slices
- Ideal for larger gaps-allows longer bonding time
- Bonds plastic, metals and rubber
- Package of 10 - 0.1 oz vials (approx. 1.5 ml)
- Ethyl cyanoacrylate, high viscosity
- Sets in < 30 seconds
Cyanoacrylate adhesives have been on the market since 1958. Most industrial or household grade cyanoacrylate is made of shorter alkyl chain derivatives such as methyl or ethyl cyanoacrylate (WPI's #7341 and #7342). They are very useful for temporarily holding tissues such as mounting specimens for microtome sectioning. This cyanoacrylate is a high viscosity adhesive.
All of the cyanoacrylate adhesives offered by WPI are veterinary grade (not suitable for human application). Though very similar to the grade for human use, they are not sterile and do not have FDA approval.