Handle for Angled Sapphire Blade, Stainless Steel
- Blades sold separately
- 13 cm (5.12") Long
- Fits Sapphire Blades
- Stainless Steel
|501811||504074, 504075, 504168|
|500317||504072, 504073, 504076, 504077|
- Use a syringe with distilled water to flush the instrument of blood and body fluids.
- Dip the blade and handle into a weak alkaline cleaning solution and let it sit for 60 minutes at a temperature of +22°C (+72°F ).
- The handle of a knife may be cleaned with a soft brush.
- Flush the instrument with tap water for 30 seconds. Then, rinse with distilled water for other 30 seconds. The blade should be pointed down for flushing.
Using a sterilizing case with silicon inserts or mats to reduce vibration and protect the blade.
- Fill the ultrasonic cleaner with warm distilled water (+70°C (+152°F)).
- Immerse the blade and handle in the water.
- A 2 to 3 min washing cycle should be enough to clean knife.
- Rinse the instrument with distilled water.
Suggested Sterilization Methods
We recommend sterilizing the knives in trays with silicone inserts or silicone mats. This will prevent movement and avoid damaging the blade.
|Sterilization Method||Type of Sterilization||Temperature||Exposure Time|
|Steam||Gravity Displacement||+132ºC (+270ºF)||4 min|
|Flash Process||Gravity Displacement||+132ºC (+270ºF)||4 min|
|Autoclave||Gravity Displacement||+132ºC (+270ºF)||4 min|
These sterilization cycles represent the industry standards and should be capable of producing a sterile device.
NOTE: Ethylene oxide (ETO) sterilization is recommended for items that are heat or moisture sensitive, and is best suited for expensive medical equipment. ETO takes longer, between 3.5–16 hours to ensure sterilization. If time is not an factor, then ETO is an excellent sterilization method. Follow the manufacturer's recommendation for your instruments.
The handle has a female threaded end to attach the sapphire blade.
The blade is easily retracted into the handle. Rotate and depress the top of the handle to engage the blade and lock it into position when you are ready to use it.